Technical overview of the new DNA/RNA Shield
Technical overview (.pdf) of the new DNA/RNA Shield that was released last week.
The 5 key points of the DNA/RNA Shield:
- Instantly lyses cells to stabilize and protect DNA & RNA from degradation.
- Preserves genetic integrity and expression profiles of samples during storage and transport for 1 month at ambient, temperature.
- Compatible with most collection devices for blood, plasma, serum, saliva, urine, feces, tissues, and cells.
- DNA & RNA can be isolated directly without precipitation or reagent removal.
- Inactivates infectious agents (virus).